The Fastest Way to Immigrate to Canada: Express Entry Immigration Program
- The Federal Skilled Worker Class (FSWC)
- The Canadian Experience Class (CEC)
- The Federal Skilled Trades Class (FSTC)
The Express Entry pool is a group of top-ranking candidates formed by ranking all the eligible candidates against one another. Candidates are ranked based on their age, education, language proficiency, work experience, and other factors. The top-ranking candidates from the Express Entry pool receive an invitation to apply for permanent residency in Canada.
How Much Time Does It Take in Express Entry Immigration Programs?
- You may receive the invitation to apply after a few months of becoming eligible, or not at all – based on the other candidate profiles in your express entry pool.
- Some candidates who receive the invitation to apply may not have the application ready and prepared to submit within the allotted 60 days.
- Even though the IRCC aims to process the applications within six months, sometimes unforeseen delays may increase the processing time needed.
How to Apply for Express Entry Canada?
- Create your Profile – Creating an online express entry profile involves entering your name, age, work experience, education, language skills, etc. Based on these details, your profile will be allotted points to your qualification to apply and enter an Express Entry Pool.
- Complete Your ECA – If you have completed your education outside Canada, you must complete the Educational Credentials Assessment or ECA. The ECA is an assessment to check if your educational qualifications are equivalent to those recognized in the Canadian educational system.
- Language Ability Tests – To be eligible for the Express Entry Program, you must complete language ability tests. You must score a minimum of Band 6 in IELTS (equivalent to CLB 7) as proof of your proficiency in the English language. If you are fluent in French, it could give you an edge over the other applicants. Take a French language test such as the Test d’évaluation de Français (TEF)to prove your proficiency in the language.
- Calculate Your CRS Score – Once you apply under the Express Entry Program, your profile is given a score under the Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS). All your credentials including, age, education, language ability, work experience, adaptability, etc., will determine your CRS. Your profile will make it to the Express Entry Pool if you achieve the required CRS score.
- Get Your Invitation to Apply (ITA) – If you are among the selected top-ranking candidates in your Express Entry Pool, you will receive an invitation to apply or ITA. Start your documentation for PR as soon as you receive the invitation.