Malta-Citizenship by Investment
What’s So Attractive about Malta & Its Citizenship Program?
Benefits of a Maltese Citizenship
A Maltese citizenship is in demand because of these reasons:
You will be able to travel to 182 other countries visa-free or exercise visa on arrival, including the Schengen area, Canada, the US, Hong Kong and Singapore.
Thanks to its double tax treaty, you may not have to pay taxes in the country you are currently a citizen of.
It has a fully developed open market economy.
Dual citizenship is recognised in Malta.
You will be able to travel, work and settle in any of the 27 EU member states, including Norway, Lichtenstein, Iceland, and Switzerland.
You will benefit from its healthcare system and its top-notch educational system.
As a citizen of Malta, you will get access to the consular services of any other Commonwealth country worldwide.
Nysa Global’s Citizenship by Investment Program for Malta
Here are the program highlights of the investment program for Malta:
- The paperwork needed is relatively lesser compared to other countries.
- You will receive a fast-track residence card within 3 weeks – you can travel visa-free within the Schengen area until citizenship is issued.
- Dependants allowed in the application include your spouse, unmarried and financially dependent children below 27 years and dependent parents over 55 years.
- You will also get EU citizenship and a Commonwealth of Nations citizenship.
- There are no special language requirements.
- The citizenship granted under the program is irrevocable, life-long, and inheritable.
Not Sure Where to Begin? Let Experts at Nysa Global Help You.
Malta Citizenship by Investment Program Guidance
Everything you need to know about the Malta Citizenship by Investment Program, from eligibility factors, application process to timeline associated and much more.
To Qualify for Citizenship as the Main Applicant, you Should Fulfil These Pre-Requisites:
- You must be at least 18 years of age.
- You must make a non-refundable contribution to the National Development and Social Fund and meet certain other financial requirements.
The Malta program includes ALL three financial requirements below:
1. A contribution to the Malta National Development and Social Fund
This consists of a non-refundable contribution with this breakup:
- Contribution of €600,000 to the National Development and Social Fund or €750,000 depending on the residence status length (36 months or 12 months, respectively)
You need to lease a residential property that costs a minimum of €16,000 per year for 5 years or purchase a property for a minimum of €700,000, which must remain with you for the next 5 years.
3. Make a philanthropic contribution
You will also need to make a philanthropic contribution of €10,000 to a registered sport, cultural, scientific, philanthropic, animal welfare, or artistic non-governmental organisation or society as approved by the Community Malta Agency.
Application ProcessHere is the step by step procedure to acquire a Maltese citizenship:
- Step 1: Submit your application for a residency permit and undergo a due diligence check.
- Step 2: Visit Malta to collect your biometric data
- Step 3: Submit the citizenship eligibility application within 12 months of receiving your residency permit
- Step 4: The Minister of Citizenship will go through your application.If you choose to apply for your citizenship after a year, you need to confirm that there has been no change in personal circumstances, including your health.If you are submitting your application after 3 years, you need to confirm your permanent address of residence and update the police clearance certificate. All the other documents must be updated as well.
- Step 5: You will receive a Letter of Approval in Principle, upon which you need to pay the extra fees.
- Step 6: The Minister will approve your application officially and grant you citizenship.
- Step 7: You have 4 months from the date of written approval by the Minister to fulfil the investment requirements and establish a link with Malta.
- The processing time to get a Maltese citizenship takes around 1 -3 years depending on the route (1 year or 3 years) chosen.
Costs/Expenditure Besides Nysa's fees:Due diligence fees: You need to pay a fee to the government who appoints a preferred due diligence agency for the compulsory background checks you need to undergo. These fees are payable upon the submission of the application. The charges are as follows:
- The cost for the main applicant is €7500.
- The cost for the spouse is €5000.
- The cost for the dependent child aged 13-17 is €3000.
- Dependents aged 18-24 or 56 and above will have to pay €5000 per applicant.
- You will need to pay an additional €1000 per person for an additional residency card.
- You will also be charged an additional passport application fee of €500 per person and bank charges of €200 per application.
Other Programs Offered by Malta
Malta Permanent Residency Program (MPRP)
What Sets Us Apart
As pioneers in the field of immigration, we’ve brought many firsts to India, especially the Expedited EB-5 Program for USA.