What is Ireland Immigrant Investment Program?
IIP Investment Types
- Enterprise Investment – Under the enterprise investment option, you must make a minimum investment of € 1 million in an Irish enterprise for a minimum of three years. The enterprise investment option offers investors the opportunity to start an enterprise or invest in an existing Irish business. Some prerequisites are –
- The business should be headquartered in Ireland.
- You may invest in an established business or a start-up.
- Your investment can be spread out among multiple Irish enterprises.
- The Irish Naturalisation and Immigration Service makes a clear preference for investments in nursing homes, social housing, and primary care centers.
- The enterprise should be creating jobs for Irish citizens.
- Real Estate Investment Trusts – A Real Estate Investment Trust or REIT is a listed company that holds rental investment properties. The REIT investment option requires investors to make a minimum investment of €2 million in any Irish REIT listed on the Irish Stock Exchange. A REIT is a lower-risk property investment model.
- You may spread your €2 million investment across two or more REITs.
- You are eligible to divest a maximum of 50% of your shares after three years from the date of purchase.
- Endowment – The endowment investment option implies investing in projects of public benefit. Immigrants donate € 500,000 to a public benefit project in arts, sports, health, cultural, or educational fields. It is one of the most straightforward investment options offered in IIP. Once the donation is made, you are not liable to further financial obligations under the program.
- Rather than an investment, the endowment is a philanthropic contribution with a visible public benefit.
- Investors may opt to make an endowment as a group of five or more people. In this case, you are required to donate only €400,000 per investor.
- Investment Fund – Under the investment fund option, you must make a minimum investment of € 1 million in an approved investment fund for three years. This option is beneficial for investors new to Ireland and unfamiliar with Irish investments or enterprises. You can choose to work with an expert fund manager to invest your money in an approved fund. Some prerequisites are –
- All funds should be invested in Ireland only
- The Central Bank of Ireland should regulate the funds.
What is the IIP Investment Fund?
- The Central Bank must regulate the funds and fund managers to conduct business in Ireland.
- Funds should have a target size of at least € 20 million.
- Only fund managers who have an established record of managing regulated funds are eligible.
- You should prove that you do not need to take any loans to make this investment.
- Funds quoted on a stock exchange represent equity stakes in an Irish registered company are not eligible.
- The investment should be for a minimum of three years.