In essence, there are three options for foreign businessmen to pursue business opportunities in the UK. They include:
- Representative of an Overseas Business Visa (ROOB),
- Innovator Visa, and
- Tier I Investor Visa.
What is the Tier I Investor Visa?
What is the Innovator Visa?
What is the ROOB Visa?
Difference between ROOB, Innovator Visa and Tier 1 Investor Visa
|Representative of an Overseas Business Visa||Innovator Visa||Tier 1 Investor Visa|
|Who can apply||– a sole representative of an overseas business who has a plan to set up a wholly-owned subsidiary or UK branch
– an employee of an overseas news agency, newspaper, or broadcasting organisation who is posted to the UK on a long-term assignment
|– your business idea is endorsed by an approved endorsing body
– you meet other eligibility requirements that shows your business is new, innovative and viable
|– you have £2,000,000 or more to invest in the UK
– you meet other eligibility criteria
|How long does it take||– can apply 3 months before you travel
-get a decision within 3 weeks
|– get a decision within 3 weeks||– can apply 3 months before you travel
-get a decision with within 3 weeks
|How long can you stay||– an initial period of 3 years
– can extend your visa for another 2 years
– apply for permanent residency after 5 years
|– an initial 3 years
– can extend your stay for another 3 years
– can apply for settlement once you’ve been in the UK for 3 years
|– a maximum of 3 years and 4 months
– can extend for another 2 years