- An increase in the minimum investment amount –
- The investment fund option will increase from €350,000 to €500,000
- Capital transfer option will increase from €1 million to €1.5million
Changes to Real Estate Industry
- The changes do not limit or affect the locations where you may invest in a property in Portugal.
- The minimum amounts will remain the same, but geographical restrictions may be placed on the qualifying areas.
- You cannot purchase property in major cities such as Lisbon or Porto
- Capital Transfer Changes
- The minimum investment amounts have increased.
- Investment Fund minimum subscription amount will increase from €350,000 to €500,000
- Research and Development amount will increase from €350,000 to €500,000
- Job and Company Creation: minimum incorporation amount will increase from €350,000 to €500,000; the number of jobs will remain at five
- Increased minimum investments for fun
The investment fund route to Portuguese citizenship has proved to be very beneficial for those looking for a high-quality investment at an affordable entry price.
However, there are still plenty of funds to pick from, starting as low a €350,000.
What is not Changing?
None of the changes apply retroactively to anyone who uses this visa within December.
Most of these amendments to the Portuguese Golden Visa come as welcome news for applicants of the visa. If you wish to avail the advantages of the old rules, make sure to apply before Dec 2021. Get in touch with an experienced lawyer who can tell you the most efficient way to apply for the Portuguese Golden Visa.
Ready to move Portugal? Explore your options and make a life-changing decision.