Your Ultimate Way to UK Citizenship With Your Family via ROOB Visa.
Get UK Citizenship if you have a profitable business in India for 3 years or more.
Nysa Global will work with you to structure, process, secure and grow the business in the UK as needed for the 5 years of the visa till the application of the Permanent Residency.
What is the ROOB Visa?
The ROOB or Representative of Overseas Visa is suitable for you if you plan to set up your own auxiliary or register a UK branch for your overseas parent organization. The sole representative visa can also be suitable for you if you have been posted as an abroad worker for a drawn-out task in the UK.
A significant thought here is that the sole rep should be selected by an overseas organization with its chief business environment being outside the UK.
As Featured On
ROOB Visa Guidance
Requirements for the ROOB Visa
Foreign Company - Visa Sponsor:
- Must not already have any representative, branch or subsidiary in the UK
- Will have to send a senior employee to establish a UK branch or wholly-owned subsidiary of the parent company working in the same business type
- Must grant you, as the applicant, the authority to make all operational decisions on its behalf
UK Business Plan:
- Must carry out the same type of business as the overseas company
- Must be equipped with credible research for setting up the UK branch with relevant market data, budget allocation and a genuine expansion opportunity
- Must be currently working overseas for the foreign company who intends to set up a branch in the UK
- Must have a proven track record either in the same or a closely related field of work
- Can only work for the company being established on behalf of the parent business when in the UK
- Must demonstrate basic English language ability and meet the minimum maintenance requirement
- Cannot be a majority shareholder i.e. own 50% or above of the parent company
- Your passport and other travel documents
- Evidence, including bank statements, proving that you can support yourself and your dependents
- Details of your accommodation in the UK
- Proof of your knowledge of English
- Your tuberculosis test results (if required)
- A complete summary of your parent organisation, its aim, assets and liabilities, and other accounts
- A letter confirming the company’s intention to establish a wholly-owned subsidiary or branch office in the UK
- Your job description, salary, and the proof that you can make independent decisions on your company’s behalf
- Proof that you are an employee of the company
- Proof you are employed outside the UK and will be working solely for the same organisation
- Proof of a comprehensive business plan
- The Home Office takes around 4-6 weeks to process a Sole Representative UK visa application.
- You can apply 3 months before you travel, at the earliest.
Cost DetailsThe ROOB visa costs £610 when applied from outside the UK. The overseas business does not need to show any strong financial standings to make a Sole Rep Visa application for any of their senior employees, nor does the sole rep need to offer any financial resource for the establishment of the UK branch during their application.
Path to Settlement & Citizenship:The ROOB visa will allow you to stay in the UK for an initial 3 year period which can then be extended for another 2 years. After living in the UK for 5 years, you can apply for permission to settle permanently upon fulfilling the following conditions:
- Continuous residence in the UK for 5 years under the Sole Rep Visa
- No history of claiming any benefits in the form of public funds while in the UK
- Evidence of continuous employment throughout the period in the form of P60s ad payslips
- The headquarter of the company is still based overseas
- Established and generated business in the branch or wholly-owned subsidiary in the UK
- Your employer can certify that they need you for the job and you receive the appropriate salary for it
Path to Passport:
- Children under 18 at initial approval are eligible for a passport even if they are beyond 18 by the time
- No more than 180 days spent outside the UK in any 12 months during the past 5 years by the main applicant
- If the main applicant meets the residency requirements, the dependent spouse and children will get ILR (Independent Leave to Remain or Permanent Residency) automatically
- ILR is for 2 years
- You must visit the UK once every 2 years to maintain the ILR
- You can apply for a British passport after a year of ILR but you must not spend any less than 275 days in the UK in any 12 months during the preceding 5 years
Benefits of the UK ROOB Visa
Fast processing time – usually around 3-12 weeks
Dependent partner is free to take any employment, start or own business, or study – no additional visa required
The most cost-efficient option of moving to the UK - no minimum investment amount
It grants visa-free travel within the whole Common Travel Area, i.e., Ireland, Isle of Man, Guernsey, Jersey
Wondering what you need to do to open a branch of your business in the UK? We’ve got your back.
Why choose Nysa Global for your Global Migration application?
A few reasons to choose us and minimize any investment & immigration risks for you and your family.
A significantly different approach
- Client specific – customized solutions
- Multi-disciplinary – migration
- Tax planning
- Business expansion
- Investment opportunities
Deep in-country roots in our markets
- Hand-holding for the entire migration cycle
- Qualifying documentations expertise that is unique for each country
- In-house expertise with decades of experience & track records
- In-county expertise & post-landing services